Fastest communication

Have you ever wondered which is the fastest mode of communication... and the most trusted for some reason..well its your local grapevine.

Recently, when I was interacting with my daughter's nanny and enquiring for a help for a friend's aquaintance.. she very categorically asked the lady's name or description. This kind of quirked my interest, but I gave in told her the apartment number.

The next day, I get a full report of this aqauaintance whom I have never met, complete with all family details, and a report card. Unfortunately she did not have a good ranking and therefore my nanny refused to be of any service to her !.

This made me wonder, what is my report card rating ? How do these seemingly unstructured group of people work or communicate ? It was a horrible thought, imagine you go about your regular day always with the thought that there would be so many judging eyes around or my home and family will be under the scanner at a tea time chit chat...

Well.. but isn't this the most common and fastest mode of communication, whether the office grapevine or at a housing complex, one of the great indian weddings wherever...

No comments: