The Mamma Drone


A couple of years ago while listening to the concept of helicopter parenting and colleagues going on leave for their children's exams, I used to laugh about it and made a silent pact that I wont turn into one...

Well I did keep my promise.. I am not a helicopter parent.. but evolved into an advanced Mamma Drone.



All my daughter's activities, schedules , routines are either under self drone or delegated to other drones and this could be nannies, friendly neighbors, other mommies and of course there is the ever resourceful WhatsApp groups's segregated by school, class, games, cultural, society and so on.

Its on 24X7, offline or online. Does not matter and has an expandable processing capability. If the information feeders go silent, then it goes into an auto hyper ventilating mode.

Apart from all the sheer phone memory space for all these WhatsApp groups, there is the mental overload of processing information , big data analytics and feeding it into the internal wiring of the Drone. And of course a high level of social quotient required to know all her friends, her friends parents, prospective maids, prospective special classes, tutors,  and so on.

Recently her school has also started app based update of the day's activities both class work and home work and thereby my drone network has crossed the final frontier into the classroom thereby providing a 24 hour GPS mapping.

But what's the origin of this - is it the guilt of being the working mother to be participative or is it fear of the society evils ? is it being over protective ? or just the sheer inability to let go ?

By writing all this, I have no intention to change to cruise control or switch off. May be I will learn to control and zone off  or wait till she drones me out or I get drained off, whichever is the earliest.

Trust me, I want her to be independent, street smart , able to take decisions and a strong lady. May be that needs a drone free zone...

Wait, the school App is buzzing... and Mama drone has work to do

No comments: